Archive for the ‘Salt Lake City Carpet Cleaning’ Category
I found these tips to be pretty helpful in maintaining a clean carpet.
What NOT To Do:
- Do not rub frantically at a carpet stain as this may only cause it to smear and become permanent.
- Do not use harsh scrubbing materials as doing this will weaken the fiber causing your carpet to wear out quicker.
- Do not ignore the “directions” on your household carpet cleaning products – using too much or too little can make a stain worse or permanently discolor your carpet.
- Never use an iron or a hair dryer to dry a carpet stain because it will make it permanent.
- If you aren’t sure about a stain it is smart to hire a Salt Lake City Carpet Professional to clean it for you.
Carpet Cleaning Tips (Before and After) for Stains & Other Problems
- Use only mild cleaning products on your carpet.
- Use harsh chemicals or “max strength” cleaners with stubborn stains and spillages only.
- Carpet shampoos (available at most grocery and home improvement stores) are still always the best solution.
- Use an entrance mat that will help clean off people’s shoes and will keep most of the tracked in soils off the carpet surfaces in your home.
- Take the time to vacuum often enough and make sure to do it correctly.
- Make sure to steam clean your carpet or deep cleaning in on the carpet as often as needed by either hiring a Salt Lake City Carpet professional or renting a machine.?
Carpets can be difficult to take care of. This is especially true if you have kids or pets constantly dirtying them up. These are some tips that can help you maintain your carpet by letting you know what not to do to them.
The biggest mistake people make is not using the right chemicals on their carpet. Depending on the carpet some chemicals can be more harmful than helpful. It is safer to use a carpet spotter designed for carpeting.
Their are many different spills that will stain your carpet, each having a different way of getting it out. If you don’t have a stain removing product handy or if the stain removal product can’t get a certain stain out.
Prevention is the most important thing you can do to keep you carpets clean and maintained.